1.5 hours sight, seeing local tour in Hirosaki city
- Course detailsVisiting Hirosaki city’s famous sight, seeing spots in a short time. Perfect for passengers who do not have much time, or have time until next train, plane connection, and would like to sight, see famous spots.
- The time required1.5 hours
- Best seasonA year round
- Sightseeing routeJR Hirosaki station, hotels inside the Hirosaki city—Memorial hall of Aomori Bank —Saisho Inn, Five storied Pagoda—Hirosaki apple park—Choshoji temple and Zen temple area—Hirosaki park, O-temon square
Introducing sightseeing spots
Memorial hall of Aomori bank
- Points to see(Important Cultural Property) The first bank in Aomori. This was built in 1904 by Horie Sakichi as the headquarters of the national bank. It is a rennaisance style building, compromise between japanese and western style, the “kinkarakawashi”(japanese leather paper)used in the ceiling and the counter made by the keyaki tree are points to see.
- Information for visitorsvisit period / April 1 – November 30 visit time / 9:30～16:30, time required 15minutes to 30 minutes Day off / Tuesday, 8/13 Admission fee / Adults 200 yen, elementary, junior high school students 100 yen
Saisho-in, Five Storied Pagoda
- Points to see(Important culture property)The third generation feudal lord Nobuyoshi had started construction to provide repose for the people who died in the Tsugaru uniformation regardless of friend and foe. After 11 years of construction it was completed in 1667 by the feudal lord Nobumasa. On the 3rd year of Heisei, after the 9th typhoon (apple typhoon), on the verge of collapse, the whole surface was taken apart for repair. It was the 7th large scale repair after construction. In the 15th year of heisei, after 335 years a service for an enshrined Buddhist image to reveal the principle image was held.
- Information for visitorsvisit time/9:00～16:30, time required 15 minutes～30 minutes Day off / None admission fee / free, an offertory
Hirosaki apple park
- Points to seeHirosaki is the center of apple production in Japan, and this is the theme for this park. At the information start up corner “apple house”, you can study about apples while eating and experiencing. There are also souvenir shops which provide more than 1200 items of apple souvenirs. Also, the homestead and farm machines of farmhouses are displayed. You can come into contact with apples, learn, and even play with apples. Every year from 5/7～16, an apple flower festival is held.
- Information for visitorsemporary closure / over the year-end and the new year December 29 – January 3 Facility open hours / 9:00～17:00, time required 15 minutes～30 minutes Admission fee / Free Guide inside the park (reservation needed) time required 30 minutes
Zen temple area
- Points to see(Important culture property) After the following year of the construction of Hirosaki castle, the 2nd generation feudal lord, Nobuhira gathered the Zen temples of the Soto sect from the entire Tsugaru to serve as a protective fortress in the back demon’s gate. As the 33 temples were lined up as forests, it is called Zen temple area. Even throughout Japan, it is rare that temples of the same religious sect are in the same place.
- Points to see(Important culture property) Constructed in 1526. In 1610 as a southwest defense of the Hirosaki castle, it was moved to the current space. It is a must-see temple where there are graves and mausoleums of the successive liege lords of the Tsugaru family. The repair of the Mikagedou and Hondou which started in 2005, after 200 years is finished. Currently, a moiety of the back section is under repair.
- Information for visitorsvisit period / April～ October (please confirm from November) visit time / 9:00～16:00 time required 15minutes～30 minutes Temporary closure / none Admission fee / 300 yen, under junior highschool students 250 yen
- Points to seeSakura, which stands close to the castle, maples that turn into deep red, fantastic snow hanging lanterns… The castle walls which remain the same as the past history. Inside the park of the area of 42.9 ha (half the size of the Imperial Palace) you can see 2600 sakura trees with 50 sorts, 2200 pine trees, 1200 trees of autumn leaves. One round takes 2 hours, enjoy walking slowly and experience the history. Even after coming many times and at what time, one’s heart flutters to this wonderful place. It is the symbol of Hirosaki.
- Points to see(Important cultural property) The castle which the Tsugaru feudal lords established after the Tsugaru uniformation. The first feudal lord Tamenobu planned the construction and Nobuhira completed the castle in 1611. Remaining on the grounds are the castle tower, three turrets, five gates. In the 22nd year of Heisei, 400 years have passed since construction. In the 23rd year of Heisei, the keep has been moved, and the repair of the stone walls have started. Due to the repair of the stone walls of Hirosaki castle, construction started moving the keep 70m to the inner part. Therefore, the view of the castle is different from the photo. We appreciate your understanding. In the year 2021, the repair of the stone walls is scheduled to end, and the keep will be moved to the former place.
- Information for visitorsAdmission paid for the keep and the northern wall. Admission-paid period / April 1 – November 23 9:00～17:00 time required 20 minutes. Admission fee / “indivisual” adults 310 yen, child 100 yen.
Reservations, inquiries about sightseeing taxi
For reservations and inquiries of sightseeing taxi, please contact the following telephone number or e-mail form. TEL: 0172-33-3333 Mail forms for inquiries